QUALIFYING CONDITIONS IN PENNSYLVANIA EFFECTIVE NOW!!!
- Addiction Substitute Therapy – opioid reduction
- Cancer, including remission
- Damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord of the CNS with an objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity and other degenerative neuropathies
- Dyskinetic and Spastic Movement Disorder (Tremors, Parkinson’s disease, Dystonia, Tics, Tourette’s syndrome Dysphonia, Ataxia, Restless legs syndrome, ex.)
- HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) / AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome).
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease. (Ulcerative colitis. Crohn’s disease)
- Intractable Seizures.
- Neurodegenerative diseases (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Multiple Sclerosis, Alzheimer’s, Dementia, Huntington’s Disease, Parkinson’s disease, Prion disease, Motor neuron diseases (MND), Spinocerebellar ataxia (SCA), Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA)
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Severe chronic or intractable pain (Chronic pain is often defined as any pain lasting more than 12 weeks.)
- Sickle Cell Anemia.
- Terminally ill, meaning a medical prognosis of life expectancy of approximately one year or less if the illness runs its natural course
This list is now the complete list of qualifying conditions in Pennsylvania for Medical Marijuana.
If you or someone you know qualify, there are 3 simple steps to get your card.
1. Sign up with the “department of health”(DOH) at medicalmarijuana.pa.gov using a computer with your state id and YOUR CAPS LOCK ON. Enter the information exactly as it appears on your license.
2. Consult the DOH patient page to find the list of certifying doctors, if there are no doctors in your area, talk to your doctor and encourage them to sign up as a recommending physician. Reassure them they can sign up to certify only their patients, and they have the ability to keep there name hidden from the public physicians’ list.
3. Pay the DOH through your patient portal and wait for your card to come in the mail. The cost of the card in Pennsylvania is $50 if you have any kind of low-income contingency this fee can be reduced through the state to $25.
*Call your local dispensary once you get your card to see if they will take it before the issue date. Also, your first time, be sure to set up an appointment with the dispensary pharmacist so you don’t have to wait forever*
If you have any questions feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org
We currently DO NOT have a recommending physician coming to the Huntingdon office but hope to have some local doctors providing services soon.
Pennsylvania Department of Health, MMJ – Frequently Asked Questions.